We act for both landlords and tenants either preparing Schedules of Dilapidations or Reponses to such. We have acted on claims of around £50,000 up to £10,000,000, some complicated by the existence of a Schedule of Condition and all cases affected by the need to consider the landlord’s (and the hypothetical purchasers) intentions with regard to the property and supersession affecting elements of the claim.
Some of our recent instructions include:
- Acting for the tenant in respect of occupation of a local shop unit agreeing the extent of necessary work with the Landlord’s Surveyor and saving £35,000.
- Action for the landlord in respect of a large High Street unit against a multi-national tenant and settling at 95% of this claimed figure.
- Acting for the landlord where Listed offices were to be converted back to residential use but major elements of the claim were not affected by supersession, settling at £120,000.
- Acting for the tenant in respect of a large 50 year old industrial unit where a claim of £400,000 had been submitted and settling at £50,000.
- Acting for the tenant in respect of a claim of £1,500,000 for a cold store and warehousing agreeing a figure of £350,000.
- Acting for the landlord in respect of a former 40,000sf DIY store with a short-term life expectancy and settling the claim at £400,000.
Take a look at Terry’s CV.